Tuesday 27 October 2020

Fun with Lists: Don't bother getting up

Faction: Temple of Ro'kan

Theme: Initiation

Suchiro (21 rice)
Riku (17 rice)
Yuuki (16 rice)
- Patient Crane Stance (1 rice)
Seiji (14 rice)
Kira (14 rice)
Hotaru (11 rice)
- Name of the Wind (3 rice)
- Student of Master Koju (1 rice)
- Wind Kick (1 rice)
Gorintõ (1 rice)

From a previous discussion I understand that most people use Hotaru as a missile. I like her model too much to sacrifice her like that, instead I turned her into even more of a nuisance via enhancements.
Student of Master Koju gives her the Air element (and Asp Strike for 2 Ki, which is nice when needed). Wind Kick gives her Charging Bonus(Cloudwalk, Slam Attack(0)), this is very interesting on a model with Banzai! and the potential to have Split Attack. Name of the Wind allows me to place her out of BtB at the start of the turn, so she can Banzai! some more. Initially I had given her Patient Crane Stance too but I don't think she will use it that often.


Suchiro is the straightforward tank of the list, Initiation ensures that he always generates 3 Ki to use his feats.


Riku is the second tank and his Wall of Water and Tsunami are great denial tools, as well as provide cover for your squishy monks. Initiation ensures that he can use Wall of Water every round and has the Ki for Tsunami.


Yuuki is fast, she isn't the hardest hitter but again with Initiation she will have Vitality up every round. Patient Crane Stance will allow her to use one of her 3 activations to Wait and then still have 2 activations to use that Unblockable(1)


Seiji has been an unexpected wonder, his Binding Roots can be really effective, if not always fully reliable.


Kira is a great runner, really fast with her Cloudwalk run and Dash ki feat.



Basically in this list, I decide who gets to move and when. I have had a lot of fun with it, but not so sure my opponents agree.

It is especially effective against samurai lists (mostly Prefecture and Minimoto) and Kairai, but I expect it will struggle against Buto herds and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bushido Tactica – Disengage

  I’m trying to get my groove back for Bushido now that “the year that shall not be named” is over. So I thought I’d start with something I’...